You Can’t Ask That! is a playful one-hour recital that aims to debunk biggest opera myths and fears. I invite the audience to be a part of the reflection around the opera world by asking me any question they have always feared to ask anyone. All those questions are asked anonymously. During the recital, I answer, without any judgement and candidly, to all the questions.
- If a colleague smell bad, how can you sing with them?
- Have you ever kissed a colleague you don’t like working with?
- What does a conductor REALLY do?
- Have you ever forgotten your word on stage?
- What’s your worst moment on stage ever?
- Have you ever done something on stage you are really embarassed about?
By playing this game with the audience, I aim to deconstruct the social hierarchy that refrains some audience to enjoy opera.